- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1–1/2 cups celery, diced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay® seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces, boiled and drained
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large stock pot over medium high heat, cook bacon until nicely browned. Remove bacon strips and set aside. Add onion and celery to pot; cook 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine flour and Old Bay seasoning. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over onion and celery, stirring to absorb all oil. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock; stir to combine vegetables. Add potatoes, corn, parsley and 3/4 cup of green onions; cook 5 minutes. Add catfish; cook 5 more minutes or until catfish is cooked through.
- Add cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining green onions and diced bacon pieces. Serve with crusty bread.