- 1½ pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 large red bell peppers, roasted
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- PREHEAT broiler or grill.
- CUT peppers in half lengthwise and remove stems, seeds and ribs. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil (or grill) until blackened, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper bag, close tightly and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove skins and cut peppers lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
- CUT fillets into 1-inch chunks.
- COMBINE marinade ingredients. Place catfish in marinade for 5 to 10 minutes.
- WRAP a pepper strip around each catfish chunk and secure with toothpicks. Run skewer through each roll and place in a wire fish basket for the grill or on a baking sheet for the broiler.
- GRILL skewers over a medium-hot fire, turning once, for about 3 minutes per side. Alternately, cook under broiler about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.