- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1/4 cup seasoned cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh pecans
Sweet Bourbon Glaze
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To make the Sweet Bourbon Glaze, whisk together ingredients in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place cornmeal into shallow dish and mix in seasoning blend. Coat fillets well and shake off any excess.
- Place large sauté pan over medium heat; add oil. When hot, carefully add catfish. Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook 2 more minutes. Place catfish on serving platter.
- Discard any remaining oil in pan and wipe clean with a paper towel. Place pecans into hot pan, shaking constantly. Toast approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and sprinkle over catfish.
- Pour Sweet Bourbon Glaze over catfish fillets. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and mustard greens.