- U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 3 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice
- 1/2 cup Asian marinade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup bias-cut celery (thin)
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- 6 ounces pear juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- To make Asian Marinade, whisk together all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Cut catfish into bite-size chunks. Place in shallow dish and add Chinese 5 Spice; toss to coat. Add 1/2 cup Asian Marinade and toss to coat; let sit 10 minutes.
- While fish is marinating, heat large skillet or wok over high heat for 2 minutes; add oil. Add all vegetables except bean sprouts; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add catfish to hot skillet and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of corn starch and reserved marinade; stir until there are no lumps. Add marinade and corn starch mixture to pan. Add vegetables and bean sprouts. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt.
- Remove from heat and plate with your choice of rice or noodles.