Healthy eating is often at the top of the new year’s resolutions list for many people. If you’re of the mindset to improve your health through adjusting your food choices this coming year, U.S. farm-raised catfish is a great meal option. Plus, we have plenty of healthy recipes you can try – from grilled to blackened to baked, you can enjoy healthy catfish dishes year-round.
Below are the top eight reasons to include U.S. farm-raised catfish in your healthy eating routine:
- U.S. farm-raised catfish is readily available in fresh and frozen aisles of many grocery stores across the country. Add it to your weekly shopping list!
- Catfish is simple and quick to cook. In fact, many of our recipes include minimal prep time and cooking time of just 15-20 minutes.
- Speaking of easy to cook, U.S. farm-raised catfish has mild flavor, no fishy taste, and it takes on the flavor of how you cook it. The opportunities are endless – check out our Pinterest page for ideas to prepare catfish for Southwestern, Asian fusion, Cajun and other cuisines.
- Catfish is a good source of protein, healthy fat, vitamins and minerals. Especially when prepared using healthy ingredients, these are the foundation of a nutritious meal.
- U.S. farm-raised catfish is raised sustainably, meaning you are eating a fresh, clean product. Heartland Catfish Company manages the supply from egg to harvest. This allows us to deliver consistent, high-quality, on-flavor catfish year-round.
- Farmed catfish is low in mercury and safe for pregnant/breastfeeding women. This means everyone in the family can enjoy a healthy catfish meal with peace of mind.
- Catfish is an affordable seafood option. It can be pricey to cook at home and make healthy food choices in the process. Catfish is a competitively priced protein that is widely available, so you get the most bang (and flavor!) for your buck.
- Because it is a versatile protein, catfish can be prepared to meet multiple diet needs including keto, Whole30, gluten-free and more.
As you focus on setting your healthy eating goals for the new year, we invite you to try U.S. farm-raised catfish as an option for your family. Ask for Heartland catfish products at your local grocery store seafood counter!